Wednesday 9 December 2009

Great Bloomers - Speak of Trouble



Hello! My name's Rachael, this is my first time posting here. I aim to give you guys at least one album or demo to hear every week -- maybe more? Hopefully more! Most of these will be from my homeland of Canada, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Any suggestions? Feel free to send a URL my way. I am happy to give absolutely anything a listen.
rachael.ogilvie@hotmail.com

As soon as I discovered that I'd have the opportunity to contribute to this blog, I didn't have think twice about the first record I wanted to feature. I want to keep my "pitch" for this record simple and to the point so you're able to skip all my babble and get to the music as quickly as you can:
LastFM describes Great Bloomers' sound as "rollickin’ piano-based country-tinged college rock" with "delicious hooks, stunning harmonies, expert musicianship and songwriting well beyond their years". I especially enjoy tracks 1, 6 and 7.

http://www.mediafire.com/?my22zcxmw5z

Be sure to pick up their self titled EP as well, which is easily another one of my favourites.
http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/gbs/disc.asp
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: