Thursday 8 January 2009

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago


Bon Iver is all I hear about in the indie/folk music scene. If it isn't some girl crushing on Justin Vernon's beard, you'll hear about some hipster adding this one to their top ten albums of 2008 while high fiving his buddys. Well, I'm here to add to the list of fans of Bon Iver. Bon Iver, taken from the french phrase "bon hiver" for "good winter" definitely knows how to catch my attention. First of all, he recorded the album correctly for a folk masterpiece having stored away for four months in a far away cabin in Wisconsin. I guess that's just enough time to grow a beard that can cut glass and an album made of platinum. Overall, I'd say that you're gonna like this album and if not you need to learn to like it. I regret not giving it a full listen until recently because the first time I blew it off as blog banter, and also sorry for the late post and lack of posts, I have some good stuff coming up when I get the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzzlmatzkyi
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Quicksilver said...

Shit, I was seriously about to post this when I thought that it might have already been done.