Monday 15 March 2010

Streetlight Manifesto - 99 Songs of Revolution Volume 1


Streetlight's album leaked and will be released tomorrow for real. This is volume 1 of 8 that will be released consisting of 99 cover songs. I normally hate ska, cover songs, and especially Streetlight Manifesto, but I'm really enjoying this whole thing. Good song selection and good covers.

Volume 1
1. "Birds Flying Away" (originally by Mason Jennings) – 3:27
2. "Hell" (originally by Squirrel Nut Zippers) – 2:56
3. "Just" (originally by Radiohead) – 3:00
4. "Skyscraper" (originally by Bad Religion) – 2:40
5. "Punk Rock Girl" (originally by The Dead Milkmen) – 2:17
6. "Linoleum" (originally by NOFX) – 2:44
7. "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" (originally by Paul Simon) – 2:27
8. "They Provide the Paint for the Picture-Perfect Masterpiece That You Will Paint on the Insides of Your Eyelids" (originally by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution) – 3:33
9. "Red Rubber Ball" (originally by The Cyrkle) – 2:49
10. "The Troubador" (originally by Louis Jordan) – 3:33
11. "Such Great Heights" (originally by The Postal Service) – 3:30

http://www.mediafire.com/?fegqey0u1mg
Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

Francisco Maia said...

Wtf dudes?....the pic is not even streetlight manifesto LOL did you just Google Image'd it? hahaha

Jesse said...

I really just googled streetlight manifesto. It looked right to me, but what I do know about ska?

Francisco Maia said...

Actually most of those guys are no longer in Streetlight.

this is the current line up:

http://www.glogster.com/media/2/5/25/82/5258279.jpg

But I'm just being picky so whatever hahaha

xseanx said...

Just wondering, What don't you like about streetlight?

Jesse said...

I don't like ska anymore.

blam man said...

It's funny how I've been waiting for this album for so long that when it finally drops I no longer find it appealing at all.

I found this album to just be bad.. especially for the amount of time and hype there was.

Just ska-ified a whole bunch of songs that just make them sound awkward. Ska horns doing the opening for such great heights... I mean.. realllly?

xseanx said...

@Jesse
Its okay. I only listen to who i'm trying to impress; whether it be my friends or my significant other too!

and
@blam man
Agreed.

The Boxman said...

I don't know, I'm pretty biased from being a ridiculously huge ska fan, but I think they did an amazing job with all of the songs on there. For the ones I didn't think were equally as good as the covers, I thought they were better.

Mike V said...

link is dead!!!

Jesse said...

Figured it'd die since it's a leak. Re-up when I return from CVS!