Monday 15 June 2009

Various Artists - Pete Seeger's 90th Birthday Madison Square Garden


Pete Seeger just turned 90 on May 3rd of this year and to celebrate there was a massive concert with various artists commemorating his many years of inspiration and honoring all his hard work. I regrettably missed it because I just found out about it. I'm really angry because I could afford it and live pretty close to Madison Square Garden where the concert was. Of the people preforming and speaking were Bruce Springsteen, Dave Mathews, John Mellencamp, Arlo Gutherie, Ben Harper, Billy Bragg, just to name a few. Pete Seeger was a true American Hero and this concert is a true salute to him. Happy birthday, Pete Seeger! On an unrelated note, does anybody have "If I Had A Hammer" by Pete Seeger the original recording? I've been looking for it everywhere.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04NHXWMX
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: