Saturday 3 May 2008

Fishboy - Albatross: How We Failed To Save The Lone Star State With The Power Of Rock And Roll


I'm not sure of how I found this band back in 2000 when they were even smaller than they are now. Back then, there were songs available for download on their site and I was hooked by their witty lyrics, fun guitaring, and lo-fi quality of it, or could it be the humorous comics that Fishboy draws. The band consisting of Eric "Fishboy" Michener, Adam "Sweatpants" Avramescu, John "Erfman" Clardy Jr. III, and Justin "Sixlets" Lloyd was named by Eric's nickname earned at an Aquarium. Then, they got a decent record deal and Little D pops out and I find that they are actually awesome with a good sound to them. I've been bugging them telling them to come to the east coast and obviously other people have too, and it has worked. They are coming up in their first east coast tour EVER(They only tour around their hometown of Denton, Texas). Check out their myspace for tour dates, I know I am pretty pumped(Although I don't think I can make any shows).


Now, the album. It has been self described as "It's a rock opera about how myself, the band and the ghost of Buddy Holly attempt to save Texas by going on a tour/crime spree in order to perform all 8030 of the songs I've written in my sleep since I was in the womb. It's appropriately titled: Albatross: How We Failed To Save The Lone Star State With The Power Of Rock And Roll"

Try It!
Buy it!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: