Thursday 24 March 2011

Science Fair/Captain of Compliments - Split


Our friends from Science Fair are releasing a split with Captain of Compliments with friends from Kat Kat Records. They have 2 songs each Science Fair starting with a Trunks & Tales cover of The Importance Of Not Being Too Earnest before going into a new song with lyrics like "Listening to my the new Hightide Hotel, when did my favorite bands start selling pre-sale tickets" while they, themselves show their Hightide Hotel influences in this split. The cover was definitely a surprise throw-back to a song I haven't listened to in a while. I believe the lyrics of Previously on LOST is also referring to the pre-sale of Street Smart Cyclist while Hightide released their newest album in the weeks around then. Captain of Compliments definitely have to be from New Jersey which I can only guess because they seem to pull their influence deep within the swamps of Taking Back Sunday, Crucial Dudes, and Gaslight Anthem. They were a surprise, especially since I was drawn to this split through Science Fair.

The cassette is available for pre-order for only 4$ off DIY label Kat Kat Records. I suggest you support them. Science Fair is also playing my show in Kutztown, PA with The World Is, Mallard, Watchword, and Evan.

Pre-order!
Download!
Show!
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

N said...

Captain of Compliments is from Lancaster, PA. Represent!

WOW Gold said...

Listening to my the brand new Hightide Hotel, when do my selected bands start providing pre-sale tickets
I have play the wow for a long times and have some good advice for you to get the best World Of Warcraft Gold with goods ways, I also have the best ways for you of the Cheapest WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !

Anonymous said...


Accommodation in New Delhi- Are you looking for Hotels in Delhi? Call cheap hotel in Delhi Today @+91-9810104774 for Hotels in Delhi at affordable rates.