Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Christmas(Eve) - Update!


First of all, merry Christmas and happy New Years to everybody! I haven't been posting much due to finals week, then my laptop broke, and assorts of other excuses I can come up with. As my last couple posts have indicated, I am going to be heading back to PA for a week to cover a string of shows. I'm going armed with a tape recorder, notebook, I Found This Song In The Road pens, and stickers. I happen to be staying at Raf from We Were Skeleton's and Omeed from Midi & The Modern Dance's house's so I'm hoping to catch some interviews if not from more.

The New Year is going to bring a lot of exciting things. The one that I'm the most excited for is a rebirth to this blog with a new spin on it. I plan on doing more interviews as often as possible, more mix cds, and more legit reviews.

There is a list of over 50 artists in my inbox that want to be published, some that are more than a year old now. I'm going attempt to decrease that number and post directly from there.

Expect more great things to come out of this blog. I've become extremely into tumblr so check ours out because I reblog a lot of really cool stuff that I don't post here. Also, I hope to have some contests in the future based off of it to win some neato stuff.

What people haven't known for a year is that I own songsfromtheroad.com which I keep forgetting to renew. So we DO have a domain which means that we are as real as ever.

What I'm trying to say is: We've gone legit before by not posting anything illegal for a while, but I want to go full out legit and do real articles, real interviews, and real community. I'm even working on a zine.

Anyways, I'm rambling and I hope people get as excited as I am about what's about to come. Expect a final post with my top 10 albums of the year!

Thanks,
Jesse
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

JJarv said...

Man, it's been a while. Forward me some stuff and i'll review it if you like. I've also been busy recording stuff, so let me know when you want to write about that xx